8. Select mode *Select**Select-mode*
Select mode looks like Visual mode, but the commands accepted are quite different. This resembles the selection mode in Microsoft Windows.When the 'showmode' option is set, "-- SELECT --" is shown in the last line.
6. Repeating *visual-repeat*
When repeating a Visual mode operator, the operator will be applied to the same amount of text as the last time:
- Linewise Visual mode: The same number of lines.
- Blockwise Visual mode: The same number of lines and columns.
- Normal Visual mode within one line: The same number of characters.
- Normal Visual mode with several lines: The same number of lines, in the last line the same number of characters as in the last line the last time.